The Aeonian 2019 is an initiative of
“The Aeonian 2019” is an initiative of Aspire Media Pvt Ltd, (address). The conclave will be a 3 day event to be conducted on 29 - 30 May 2019.
“The Aeonian 2019” Pitch and Award Nominees
The pitch will be aimed at providing a platform to select startups, the opportunity to pitch in front of potential investors.
The objective of “The Aeonian 2019” Awards is to recognize startups across all stages of funding and reward excellence.
Definition of Terms Used
- Rules applicable to “Event(s)” as mentioned herein could mean both the “Pitch” and “Awards” unless explicitly distinguished.
- In this T&C document, a reference to “you” or “your” would mean you as a representative of the business that is nominating itself for the events.
- “Organizer” as used in this document would refer to Aspire Media Pvt Ltd.
- “Awards Management Team” would indicate the organizers along with the jury.
Timeframe and Categories
Nomination entries open:
05 July 2019
Early bird offer closes:
30 September 2019
Regular nomination entries close:
31 March 2019
Final nomination close date:
31 March 2019
16 April 2019
“The Aeonian 2019”:
15 – 17 May 2019
The event will have its nominees segregated into groups based on their stages of funding. The groups for awards are:
i) Nascent/Seed (Seed)
ii) Early/Growth (Series A)
iii) Expansion (Series B)
iv) Mezzanine (Series C)
(Definitions of each stage is available in the T&C- Events document)
You are required to nominate yourselves into the appropriate groups and need to understand that the Awards Management Team may change / modify their entries in case you have nominated yourselves into the wrong group as perceived by the team. The decision in this regard will be final and non-contestable. This also stays true for the nomination into the award categories.
The award categories and their definitions for “The Aeonian 2019” are:
- Financial Services startup - Startup that has shown excellent growth, development innovation in financial services product / service / technology
- Best Education startup - Startup with most innovative offering in the education sector and that has shown greatest development with its product/ service in the past years
- Best E-commerce startup - Startup that has shown immense potential and development over the last years in the e-commerce segment with its innovative offering
- Cloud startup of the year - Startup with most innovative offering in the Cloud Technology sector
- AI / ML Startups - Startup that has brought significant commercialization of AI and Machine Learning through affordable innovations in the past year
- Best Healthcare startup - Startup that has revolutionized and shown great development in the healthcare sector
- Women startup of the year - To celebrate great businesses started by women who have shown excellent track-record either in the form of growth, sales or impact
- Big Data and Analytics - Outstanding startup that has developed on big data and analytics offerings in the past year
- IoT startup of the year - Startup showing potential with a product engrained with electronics, software, sensors, and network connectivity enabling data collection
- Consumer Internet - Startup that has revolutionized the Consumer sector with its innovative offering through Internet
- Home and Furniture - Startup with most innovative offering and great potential in the Home and Furniture sector
- Energy and Utilities - Startup which has performed outstandingly well in Energy and Utilities sector
- Fashion and Lifestyle - Startup that has made the Fashion and Lifestyle sector easily accessible with its innovative offerings
- Food and Beverage - Startup that has brought about a shift in the methods and levels of customer interaction of the regular food and beverage industry
- Best Bootstrapped startup - Start up that has developed immensely based on innovation, growth and impact with own investments and grants
- Phoenix of the year - Startup who has bounced back from a failure to launch a successful business
- Best Investments company - VCs which have identified and invested in a prominent startup and hence displayed best business acumen over the last year
- Accelerator / Incubator of the year - Best fixed term mentorship driven program that has empowered entrepreneurs to foster the growth of their innovative companies
- Best Business angel - Investor who has been phenomenal in investments and has catapulted early stage startup to growth trajectories
Efforts will be made to adhere to the defined timelines. However, the defined timelines are subject to change based on unforeseen circumstances.Awards management team and its sub-contractors shall not be held accountable / liable for any disruptions / stoppages / interruptions or cancellation of the events or any part of its processes on account of any factors beyond its control.
(For pitch and all award categories except Best Investments company, Accelerator / Incubator of the year and Best Business angel)
For you to be eligible to nominate yourself for any event:
- You must be any individual, founder, or authorized representative of a start-up and need to register your company for “THE AEONIAN 2019” events using a website domain email address.
- You must submit the completed forms with required documents not later than 6.00pm, 20 January 2019.
- Your company should be less than 5 years old, i.e. businesses incorporated not earlier than January 1st 2012.
- You must be an Indian national, resident in India, and above 18 years of age as on 01 July 2017.
- Your company must be 'independently owned’. This is defined as a business which is substantially owned by its founders and/or a group of independent investors.
Further, to qualify you must not:
- Be employees of Aspire Media Pvt. Ltd or its associated Institutions and Companies, Jury Members, Sponsors and persons closely associated with Sponsors.
- Be a government agency.
- Have employees/advisors who have judged previous editions or are entrusted to judge the Awards program in the current edition.
- Be a commercial supplier to “The Aeonian 2019” edition.
- Have been purchased, and operating as an existing business prior to purchase.
Entry, Exclusions and Limitations
- The call for entries for the events will be announced online through the website. The nomination form will be made available on www.theaeonian.in
- By submitting an entry:
- i) You warrant that you are entering the Awards in your personal capacity and as a representative of the business.
- ii) You construe the submission as an acceptance of the Terms and Conditions.
- iii) The Terms and Conditions will apply during the Period defined by the time from the submission of the nomination to the 30 September 2019.
- You can apply in multiple award categories. This can be indicated by selecting multiple categories in the nomination form.
- The Awards Management Team has the right to re-classify your business in any award category, if need be felt while evaluating.
- Disqualification of entries is at the sole discretion of the Award Management Team, on a case by case basis and can include but not limit to -
- i) Incomplete nomination forms.
- ii) Awards Management Team has the right to ask for documentary proof of information provided or audit the information provided in the nomination forms or supplementary documents. If such a request is made and you do not share the requested information within the stipulated timelines, you could be disqualified.
- iii) If at any time, including after the conclusion of the award ceremony, any information provided by you is found to be incorrect in any manner, then you will be liable to be disqualified and / or return the Award/Investment.
- The Award Management Team reserves the right to exclude or reject any pitch ideas, and/or cancel the participation of any of the teams, or team member, in any event, at any given time.
- Determination of whether information provided is accurate rests with the Awards Management Team.
- No requests will be entertained for changes in the nomination last dates. However, the early bird offer and/or receipt of entries may be extended beyond the original dates decided only at the discretion of the organizers.
- You understand and agree that mere participation in the events does not entitle you to win the award.
- Your final eligibility will be subject to the discretion and approval of the Awards Management Team.
- Right to permit participation is reserved with the Awards Management.
- The nomination form once submitted will be considered final and no further changes to details will be entertained.
Promotion and Sponsorship
- Upon submission of nominations, you agree to your details being extracted to be used to form data charts or statistics (with no company specific details) for promotion not limited to
- Road shows
- Social media campaigns
- Other means of publicity
- If an event finalist, you agree to attend the finals for presentation and other related events that the organizers notify you about to finalize the winner.
- As an event finalist you also agree to assist in publicizing the events as required by the organizers and/or sponsors for the event in which you are a finalist.
- As an event finalist you agree to your company details & logo being used in promotional events or publicity materials printed, electronic and online/social media. You shall not hold the organizer, sponsor or any social media platform responsible for use of your company details.
- If an event winner, you agree to be part of all future marketing events for but not restricted to future editions of “The Aeonian” and allow use of your company details and logo for the same.
- You agree to allow the organizers and/or the sponsors to contact you to provide comments about the Awards and to take photos or video footage of you, your business and your representative(s).
- As the events are covered by our media partner, you permit the use of photography and videography of yourself, your team members or anyone/anything relating to your business.
Intellectual Property Rights
- The organizers own and reserve all rights pertaining to “The Aeonian” brand. You will be allowed to use the brand logo and name for promotion or citation in your company materials only with prior approval from the organizers.
Disclaimers and release from liability
- You also agree that you have read the individual events T&C and agree to abide by them. The event format, judging criteria or proceedings will remain uncontestable. However, the organizers reserve the right to make any changes as and when required and cannot be held liable for the same.
- You hereby agree and undertake not to hold the organizers and/or any of its affiliates, including their respective personnel, responsible for or liable for, any actions or claims of losses, damages, costs, charges or expenses that you may/might have suffered, sustained or incurred, or claims to suffer, sustain or incur, by way of and /or on account of applying for or participating in the Awards.
Rewards and Claims
- Rewards for the events will be as follows:
- Any prizes and benefits must be claimed or used by the winners as specified by the organizers and/or sponsors within the time period as specified. If the prize or benefit remains unclaimed even after the specified time period, the same will be forfeited.
Startups obtaining investment through/during “The Aeonian 2019” will require to pay 1.5% - 3% of the investment amount to the organizers, based on the funding slab mentioned in the pitch registration page.
Collection and Use of Personal Information
- The organizers may collect your personal information directly or through their agents as needed.
- Upon entering you will be given the opportunity to allow other partners and associates to use your data to contact you for their business requirements.
- Any cancellation needs to be made in writing addressing the organizer as per the below:
- Full refund after deducting 10% towards admin services if the cancellation is done with 7 days from the date of confirmation
- 50% Refund if cancellation is done after one month on confirmation
- 25% refund if cancellation is done after 2 months on confirmation
- NO refund on any bookings made from 1st March 2019 onwards till the event date.
- Both the parties agrees that they will maintain this agreement throughout the event campaign period until the event gets over in February 2019. The Organizers have the sole rights to change the dates, duration and the venue of the forthcoming Shows as well as the future Shows. The Organizers are entitled to assign all or part of its rights and obligations under this Agreement to any of its group/ related companies. The assignment will be effective with the receipt of the written communication of such assignments by the Association Partner from the Organizers. In the event of cancellation of the contract, for whatever reasons or in case of any dispute, a mutual decision will be taken in agreement with the Organizer.
- In no event shall the Organiser be responsible or liable for any failure or delay in the performance of its obligations hereunder arising out of or caused by, directly or indirectly, forces beyond its control, including, without limitation, strikes, work stoppages, accidents, acts of war or terrorism, civil or military disturbances, nuclear or natural catastrophes or acts of God, and interruptions, loss or malfunctions of utilities, communications or computer (software and hardware) services; it being understood that the Organiser shall use reasonable efforts which are consistent with accepted practices in the industry to resume performance as soon as practicable under the circumstances.